- Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) – If severe weather threatens a portion of the electric system, it may be necessary for PG&E to turn off electricity in the interest of public safety. While no single factor drives a PSPS, some factors include: a Red Flag Warning; low humidity levels, generally 20% and below; forecasted sustained winds above 25 MPH gusting in excess of 45 MPH, depending on location and site-specific conditions; condition of dry fuel; on-the-ground, real-time observations by PG&E crews and Safety Operations. Helpful links include:
Guidelines and Requirements
- Home Hardening
- The Wildfire Home Retrofit Guide. This guide – developed by The Tahoe Network of Fire Adapted Communities along with many other authors and contributors – includes detailed recommendations on how to retrofit homes to withstand wildfire. Each section contains an explanation of how every home component is vulnerable to wildfire and what can be done to improve that component.
- Reflective address signs help fire, medical, and emergency personnel find your home when every second counts. Angwin Volunteer Fire Department, CalFire, and Napa Co. Fire Marshal have requested that all residents install reflective signage. Signs are available to order at the Angwin ACE Hardware Store. Please print an Order Form and bring it with you. Order Forms are also available at the counter.
- Chipping Program information. On-line Application for chipping.
- Sign up on NCFF website
- Napa County Fire Hazard Abatement Requirements and Inspections. ENGLISH SPANISH